- Comprehensive. This course covers both content and test taking strategies for the certification exam offered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- No travel. Save money and hassle. (Flights, driving, lodging, scheduling, etc.)
- Excellent instructors. Our certified instructors have experience in this field and in teaching.
- Live lectures. Ask questions and participate in real time.
- Recordings. You can listen and view lectures at any time if you are unable to attend. Recordings are available for one full year from the course start date. (Access to recordings can be extended beyond one year for a $50 convenience fee.)
- Easier absorption. Lectures spread out over several weeks makes it easier to pay attention during class.
- Practice. Apply what you learn to the homework problems. Feedback and solutions given during the following lecture.
- Individual tutoring. Our instructor(s) will work with you to make arrangements.
- Exam approved calculator included. We train you how to use it to minimize stress when you sit for your exam.
- Premium Membership. One year access to our forums, study question library, podcasts and more. Learn more.
- Guaranteed success. We guarantee you will pass your certification exam.
- Support beyond the course. We answer your questions and help with your studies after the course ends. Our goal is to help you succeed.
- Course notebook with a hard copy of all lectures provided at the beginning of the course. Format is 3 slides on the left side with room for notes on the right.
- Online access to recorded lectures, virtual classroom and homework for one year from the course start date.
- One year Premium Membership to the Bowen EHS Member Center (commencing on the start date of the course).
- An exam-approved TI-30XS Multiview™ calculator. All in-class work will be done with this calculator.
This course qualifies for 3.2 CEUs through The University of Iowa's Heartland Center for Occupational Health and Safety.
Our courses meet the requirements for ABIH contact hours during the application process and for recertification.
Our courses also meet the requirements for BCSP recertification points.
Available for 32 CMP credits (IHMM).
For more information please contact the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) - www.ABIH.org, the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) - www.BCSP.org , or the Institute of Hazardous Materials (IHMM) - www.ihmm.org.
Our philosophy on exam preparation is to be sure students understand the fundamental issues in each subject. The exam is tough. Students prepared to answer the fundamental questions can devote more time to the advanced questions on each subject. Student experience provides the knowledge to answer more advanced questions.
Lectures are held two (2) times per week and last 2 hours each. Days and times are listed below and follow Daylight Savings Time for the US, Canada and Mexico. All times are listed in Eastern Time Zone, USA. Please see the Dates / Register tab for specific times and days.
Recorded sessions are always available to view and/or download in case you miss or want to review a particular subject, for up to one full year from the course start date. After this time, a set of the lecture files can be shipped to you for a convenience fee of $50. Additional shipping charges apply for destinations outside of the United States.
Below are the lecture topics covered in this review.
|ACSP 02||Risk Assessment & Insurance Liability|
|ACSP 03||Safety Management & EHS Training|
|ACSP 04||Mathematics & Statistics|
|ACSP 05||Physics & Engineering|
|ACSP 06||Chemistry & Toxicology|
|ACSP 07||Industrial Hygiene|
|ACSP 08||Personal Protective Equipment|
|ACSP 10||Radiation & Thermal Stressors|
|ACSP 11||Fire Protection & Electrical Safety|
|ACSP 12||Process Equipment Safety|
|ACSP 13||Work Environments & Emergency Preparedness|
|ACSP 15||System Safety|
|ACSP 16||Final Review|
Participants will complete a comprehensive review course consisting of relevant topics found on the Safety Fundamentals and Comprehensive Practice exams administered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP). Participants successfully completing the ASP/CSP online review course should be able to achieve a score of 70% or higher on the Bowen EHS, Inc. final exam administered at the end of course.
In addition to achieving a score of 70% or higher on the Bowen EHS, Inc. final exam, participants of this ASP/CSP course should expect to be able to pass the Safety Fundamentals and/or Comprehensive Practice exams administered by the BCSP provided they sit for the exam(s) within 1 year of completing this course.
Successful completion of a BCSP exam is not required to receive a certificate of completion.
Clients will benefit the most from this class if they have:
- completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in a physical science, engineering, or health and safety program, and
- at least 4 years professional experience in the health and safety field.
The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) requires candidates to have completed at least a 2-year degree in Safety, Health or the Environment or a 4-year degree in any subject from an accredited institution. For more information, see BCSP Application Guidelines.
To receive a Certificate of Completion for this course, participants are required to complete the following list of items within 30 days after the course end date:
- Listen to each of the 16 lectures (participate live or review recorded lectures)
- Score 70% or higher on all homework assignments
- Score 70% or higher on the Bowen EHS, Inc. final exam
Participants who do not meet all of the above completion requirements will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Our online classrooms support Windows and are powered by eLecta Live. You will need the following:
- Internet access
- Permission to install a small program
You can test and prepare each computer you plan to use by clicking the button below. If the test does not work, you may need to work with your IT department to allow access through your company's firewall.
Test your system now and click the Enter the Test Room button when you see it.
Previous Bowen EHS Participants: Save $175 on this registration fee!1
Valid through 15 days prior to the first class start date. Visit the registration pages listed on the Dates / Register tab to find out the exact dates.
Registration and payment must be received by the deadline to receive the early pricing.
|Price as a part of a group2|
|Clients in the USA and Canada||1145.00||1020.00 each|
|Clients outside of the USA and Canada||1245.00||1120.00 each|
|Price as a part of a group2|
|Clients in the USA and Canada||1195.00||1070.00 each|
|Clients outside of the USA and Canada||1295.00||1170.00 each|
- Previous Participants - Valid for in-person workshops or online review participants only. Please include your last course name and dates in your payment form. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Group - A group is made up of two or more people who decide to take the same class at the same time. These can be friends, associates, or coworkers. Please let us know who is in your group when you register. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Go to the Dates / Register tab to start registering for a specific course.
Optional Reference Package
We offer an optional reference package for our exam course participants at a discounted cost of $495.00. (Note: clients outside the United States will be responsible for paying all shipping and tariff costs. Contact us for estimates.)
- Safety and Health for Engineers by Roger L. Brauer
- Occupational Safety Calculations: A Professional Reference by James H. Stewart et. al.
- CSPprep V7.0 by DataChem Software
Dates / Register
We GUARANTEE the success of our exam preparation courses.
Our goal is for you to pass your exam(s), and we stand behind that.
If you meet the conditions below and do not pass your exam, you may do the following at no cost:
Workshop (in-person) courses: You may join an online review course that covers the same list of topics.
Online review courses: You may repeat the same online review course.
- You must complete the course.
- You must take the exam within 12 months of course end date.
- You must mail a copy of your exam results notification to Bowen EHS, LLC within 30 days of receiving the results.
- A comparable course must be offered and space available for you to join.
Support continues well beyond the course. We continue to answer questions and help with your studies beyond the completion of the course. Our goal is to help you succeed.
Bowen Learning Network, Inc. earns a profit on materials sold through our online bookstore. Some of these materials may be discussed during our courses.
Russell Bowen, President of Bowen Learning Network, Inc. and Bowen EHS, LLC owns a small number of shares in a publicly traded safety equipment manufacturer. This company may be discussed during our courses.