Webinar Presenter - Bowen EHS, LLC
Mr. McPeak is the Director of Corporate Safety Programs at Pike Enterprises and the Director of Stay Safe Solutions, LLC. David graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro with a degree in Information Systems and Operations Management. He has extensive experience in safety and training; holds multiple safety and training certifications from the BCSP, USOLN, and NCCER; and has received numerous awards including being recognized as a Rising Star of Safety by the National Safety Council. In addition to developing and maintaining safety and health management systems, David currently serves or has served as a member of the North Carolina Apprenticeship Council, on the editorial board of Incident Prevention Magazine, as a Member at Large assisting the Executive Board of the USOLN, and as Chairman of Task Team One of the OSHA ET&D Partnership.
Bachelor of Science, Information Systems and Operations Management, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, December 2001
Associate of Science, Surry Community College, May 1998
Certified Safety Professional; Certified Health and Safety Technician; and Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer, Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Certified Utility Safety Professional, Utility Safety and Ops Leadership Network
Construction Site Safety Master, NCCER
Director of Corporate Safety Programs, Pike Enterprises, Mount Airy, NC March 2015 - Present
Director of Career Development, Pike Enterprises, August 2011 – March 2015
Safety Analyst/Coordinator, Pike Electric, Mount Airy, NC, April 2007 – August 2011
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of company safety and health management system, the Stay Safe program.
- Supervised company Department of Labor accredited apprenticeship program, crew audit and training program, and regulatory required recordkeeping.
- Tracked, trended, and analyzed safety data along with incident reviews, near misses, and industry reports.
- Responsible for company safety communications including Daily Safety Brief, Corporate Safety Report, Weekly Safety Call-In, and Safety Intranet.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining safety and training materials, manuals, completing safety pre-qualifications for customer bids, working on teams on various projects, and other ad hoc assignments.
Director, Stay Safe Solutions, LLC, Mount Airy, NC, April 2014 – Present
- Wrote and implemented business plan for Pike-owned Stay Safe Solutions, LLC, a safety and training solutions provider.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations including marketing, estimating, billing, finance, scheduling, safety, training, and contracts.