Senior Instructor - Bowen EHS, LLC
Mr. Rusch is currently a Health & Safety Manager at the Birchwood Power Facility, a 242-MW Coal Fired Unit in King George, VA. He received his MS in Industrial Hygiene at the University of Cincinnati, preceded by a BS in Industrial Hygiene at Clarkson University. He obtained both the CIH and CSP certifications in 2012 and has practiced Industrial Hygiene and Safety for nearly 10 years. After graduate school he joined the GE leadership program for young EHS professionals. After two rotations, one in nuclear fuel manufacturing and one in aero-derivative gas turbine manufacturing, he took a position in the power generation industry. When the Operations and Maintenance contract to the site was sold, he joined, and is currently employed by NAES Corporation.
Health & Safety Manager
NAES Corporation 10/2013 – Current
General Electric Company 05/2010 – 10/2013
Manage health, safety and security at the Birchwood Power Facility.
- 242MW Coal Fired Power Generation Facility. Customer owned, contractually operated.
- Leveraged IH and Safety Expertise across power plant operations.
- Led the site to achieve 57th Virginia OSHA VPP Star Certification in 2012/2013.
- Work closely with safety committee, plant hourly workers and site leadership structure to achieve safety excellence via continuous improvement.
- Promote a safety management program based on leading indicators such as near miss and concern reporting, hazard specific auditing, risk reduction projects and BMP forming.