Playing Versus Downloading Recordings - Electa
You have two potential options when it comes to viewing the virtual classroom recordings: playing and downloading.
- Playing: The server reassembles the recorded parts for you and streams it to your device.
- Downloading: You download the recording file to your device first and then have your device reassemble it for you when you open the file via Electa.
The following table lists the options for devices.
|Windows devices||versions 10, 8.1, 7 - no Windows Phone or Windows RT support|
|Mac devices||Minimum macOS: 10.8.0|
|iPhones and iPads (iOS)||Phone screens are too small to see all of the areas of the virtual classroom.|
|Android phones and tablets||Phone screens are too small to see all of the areas of the virtual classroom.|
|Chromebooks that can download Android apps|
Organizing Your Downloads
If you have a Mac or Windows, here is what we find to work best:
- Create a folder with the name of the course from which you are downloading.
- If you can, set your browser to allow you to choose where to save downloaded files. Most browsers set your default download folder to Downloads .
- Download recordings one at a time into that folder.
- Make sure to rename the recording file into something that makes sense to you. The default name is something like U2721237R28584S4237805278.el8.
- Check to make sure the recordings made it into the folder you created in step 1. If they didn't, find them and move them.
Please see the following: