Safety professionals may be responsible for assessing and mitigating hearing loss in the workplace. Employees’ hearing may be impacted by both noise volume and by ototoxic chemicals. It is important that safety professionals are aware of hearing conservation issues and requirements as well as how to monitor employees' risks and exposures related to hearing loss through the course of their employment. During this webinar, we will offer insights on noise management, the purpose of a Hearing Conservation Program, and discuss how to implement a system for monitoring employees' hearing.
This webinar is a 1-hour lecture and 30 minutes of Q&A.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the effects of noise exposure on hearing
- List the steps to creating a hazardous noise evaluation
- Utilize audiometric testing data to create a hearing conservation program
- Diagram and describe the parts of the human ear and their roles in hearing
- Select appropriate hearing protection when it is required
Pricing and Access
Premium Members: Access now
A Bowen EHS® Premium Membership is required to attend/view webinars. Course participants who have Premium Member access are considered Premium Members. See your course information for details.
See how the Virtual Classroom works: