Nanotechnology – Workplace Assessments and Controls
Nanotechnology, a rapidly advancing field, revolutionized multiple industries, but employees and consumers get exposed to nanoparticles through inhalation, ingestion, and dermal absorption. Nanotechnology may help create lighter and stronger materials, but the toxicity of these engineered nanoparticles is not fully understood at this time. Toxicological research indicates that biologically active nanoparticles can easily penetrate intact human skin and based on their size distribution, shape and surface chemistry may produce toxic effects. During this webinar, we will discuss employee exposure to nanoparticles, the potential health effects on workers and how to control workplace exposure.
This webinar is a 1-hour lecture and 30 minutes of Q&A.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of nanoparticles: size distribution, shape and surface chemistry
- List tools, machines, and techniques used in nanotechnology
- List commercial applications of nanotechnology
- Describe the effect of nano-particles in the body / Nanorobotics
- Implement methods to protect employees exposed to nanoparticles during manufacturing and use
Pricing and Signup
Premium Members: Sign up now
A Bowen EHS® Premium Membership is required to attend/view webinars. Course participants who have Premium Member access are considered Premium Members. See your course information for details.
See how the Virtual Classroom works: