Carlo Gentile, MPH, CIH, CSP
Mr. Gentile is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional, specializing in Occupational Health. He lives and works in Northeast Ohio and currently serves as the Regional Safety Leader for The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company's Global Technology and Innovation division, headquartered in Akron, OH. Mr. Gentile holds a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Toledo, as well as an undergraduate degree in general chemistry from Lake Erie College. He has worked professionally in EHS for over 9 years.
He is also happily married with three children, an avid fisherman and golfer, and enjoys touring breweries and distilleries.
Regional Environmental, Health and Safety Lead October 2018-Present
The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, Global Technology (GT)
- Direct the activities of Global Technology EHS personnel at 9 Innovation Centers across the Americas region.
- Global Radiation Safety Officer for Technology and Manufacturing Operations.
- Industrial Hygiene leader for Global Technology in Americas, EMEA and AP regions.
- Change Management for Global Materials Science projects averaging 30MM in capital investment.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis, PFMEA, and Risk Assessments on prototype manufacturing equipment.
- Lead auditor for Goodyear Global Compliance System audits, in partnership with EMEA and AP counterparts.
- Collaborate with leadership from United Steel Workers of America, Local 2 regarding site EHS matters.
Business Group Health, Safety and Environmental Lead May 2017-October 2018
Philips Diagnostic Imaging (DI) and Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Manufacturing
- Utilizing Hoshin planning, develop the EHS strategies for DI/IGT factories in the US, China, Israel, and Europe.
- Drive conformance to ISO 14001, ISO 45001, OHSAS 18001, and Philips corporate requirements.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and handle any NOV or findings. (OSHA, EPA, DOT, NRC/ODH.)
- Investigate incidents and determine countermeasures for DI/IGT organization. Lead Kaizen events for EHS.
- Responsible for crisis management and business continuity in alignment with ISO 22301 for all sites.
- Supervised a team of 12 globally dispersed EHS professionals.
Senior Manager Environmental, Health and Safety March 2015-May 2017
Philips Healthcare Cleveland, Site EHS
- EHS oversight of manufacturing, R&D, maintenance, and training departments for the Cleveland campus.
- Continuous improvement of the Environmental Health and Safety Management System (Plan, Do, Check, Act.)
- Validated risk assessments and new product introductions, including design for safety in manufacturing.
- Identified environmental impacts and developed targeted reduction strategies for Philips green operations.
- Achieved operational incident rate of 0, carbon neutrality, and 85% recycling rate in 2016 and 2017.
Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer August 2011-March 2015
Philips Healthcare Cleveland, CT/AMI Manufacturing
- Assembled and analyzed health and safety reporting data (injuries, near misses, first aids, etc.)
- Delivered and authored EHS training for OSHA, EPA, and DOT requirements.
- Performed hazard assessments, job safety analyses, and risk assessments for production activities.
- Assessed occupational injuries, determined root cause, and implemented corrective actions for CT/AMI factory.
- Industrial hygiene evaluations for VOC’s, particulates, and task-specific hazardous chemicals.