If you have downloaded classes or recordings from the Member Center and cannot get them to run, open or launch, this may help.
If you do not see Electa's globe-in-hand icon like below, some other app or program has been assigned to open the recordings. That, you already know, does not work. Please read on.
We need to tell your machine to use Electa instead. As long as you have admin rights to change settings on your machine, you can do this in less than 10 minutes. Otherwise, you'll need someone who does have permission to do these changes.
- Open the folder that contains the recording files.
- Right click on a recording to open the context menu.
- Choose Open with... in the menu.
- Check the Always use this [app,program] to open... (It depends on which version of Windows whether "app" or "program" is used.)
- Expand the list of options by clicking More apps (Windows 10, 8, 8.1) or More programs (Windows 7).
- Click on Electa Live 8 Virtual Room.
- If Electa is in the list choose it and click the Okay button. It should open the recording in the file.Then you're done.
- If it is not in the list, choose Look for another [app, program] on this PC at the bottom of the list. This should open file browsing window.
- Look for a folder named Electa Live 8.0 and open it.
- If you do not see it, navigate up one folder, open the Program Files (x86) folder, and look for it there.
- Click on the eLectaLive8 program (you will see the Electa globe-in-hand icon next to it) and click the Open button. Electa should open at this point.
Once you have done this, you should be able to see the Electa icon (globe-in-hand ) next to the recording filenames just like the image at the top of this article.