Emergency management protects communities and organizations by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or man-made disasters. As an EH&S professional, developing an emergency response plan may now be your responsibility. This professional development course will teach you the fundamentals of emergency management, discuss emergency response plan development, explain the Incident Command System (ICS), and provide the framework to establish/conduct simulated exercises.
0.4 CEUs available for those who complete the course. Eligible for CM, COC, CMP credits(hours, points,etc.). Learn more
- Excellent instructors. Certified instructors with experience in the EHS field and instruction.
- Self-Paced. View videos and participate at your own pace or multiple times.
- Easier absorption. Course topics are divided into manageable sections making it easier to learn.
- Review. Apply what you learn to section quizzes. Solutions and explanations provided.
- Feedback. Post questions in the discussion forums for help or clarification from instructors.
- No travel. Save money and hassle. (Flights, driving, lodging, scheduling, etc.)
This course is designed to provide EH&S professionals with basic knowledge of emergency management planning and development, communication, and best practices and methods to use.
This course contains 4.0 hours of instruction. 0.4 CEUs are offered for this course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Bowen Learning Network offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Eligible for ABIH CM hours, BCSP COC points, IHMM CMP credit, and more.
For more details on certification and recertification credit, please visit How many points/credits/hours is a course worth?
Dates / Register
Registration and payment must be received by 11:59 pm ET the day before classes begin.
See how the Virtual Classroom works: