The "Science of Safety" also known as toxicology is a critical topic for Occupational Health and Safety Professionals to understand. Information and knowledge about toxicology help OHS professionals put safety programs and policies in place to limit workers' exposure to toxic substances. These programs and policies prevent and reduce the likelihood that a disease or other negative outcome will affect the community around them. Understanding the fundamentals of toxicology can help you anticipate the potential for exposure, recognize routes of exposure, and signs and symptoms of exposure while helping you to take steps to prevent exposure. These concepts are a major component found on OSH certification exams too!
This self-paced PDC will give you basic toxicology terminology, help you understand how to interpret reports, and allow you to describe the various types of toxicological interactions.
0.4 CEUs available for those who complete the course. Eligible for CM, COC, CMP credits (hours, points,etc.). Learn more
- Excellent instructors. Certified instructors with experience in the EHS field and instruction.
- Self-Paced. View videos and complete activities at your own pace.
- Easier absorption. Course topics are divided into manageable sections making it easier to learn.
- Review. Apply what you learn to section quizzes. Solutions and explanations provided.
- Feedback. Post questions in the discussion forums for help or clarification from instructors.
- No travel. Save money and hassle. (Flights, driving, lodging, scheduling, etc.)
This self-paced course is designed to provide OHS professionals additional exposure to toxicology-related topics for certification exam prep or to increase understanding of the topic.
This course contains 4 hours of instruction. 0.4 CEUs are offered for this course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Bowen Learning Network offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Eligible for ABIH CM hours, BCSP COC points, IHMM CMP credit, and more.
For more details on certification and recertification credit, please visit How many points/credits/hours is a course worth?