Laser Safety Fundamentals
Lasers are ubiquitous in today’s society. From DVD players to laser light shows, laser range finders to kilowatt laser cutting machines: lasers and their hazards can be seen in many areas inside and outside of the work environment. Lasers are used in many different industries, including healthcare, manufacturing and research. The use of lasers presents several risks from both exposures to the beam as well as exposures to ancillary non-beam hazards. Even though EH&S professionals should have a basic understanding of the operation, hazards, and controls meant to prevent laser-associated injuries, it is challenging for safety professionals to gain exposure to these concepts. This PDC is designed to provide you with information about basic laser safety concepts.
0.4 CEUs available for those who complete the course. Eligible for CM, COC, CMP credits (hours, points,etc.). Learn more
- Excellent instructors. Certified instructors with experience in the EHS field and instruction.
- Self-Paced. View videos and complete activities at your own pace.
- Easier absorption. Course topics are divided into manageable sections making it easier to learn.
- Review. Apply what you learn to section quizzes. Solutions and explanations provided.
- Feedback. Post questions in the discussion forums for help or clarification from instructors.
- No travel. Save money and hassle. (Flights, driving, lodging, scheduling, etc.)
This self-paced course is designed to provide EH&S professionals with an introduction to fundamental laser safety concepts that might be useful in environments where lasers are used.
This course contains 4.0 hours of instruction. 0.4 CEUs are offered for this course.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Bowen Learning Network offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Eligible for ABIH CM hours, BCSP COC points, IHMM CMP credit, and more.
For more details on certification and recertification credit, please visit How many points/credits/hours is a course worth?